Quickspool — quick loading and unloading of reels; quick, easy line changes on the water; easy handling in conjunction with rod and reel. Load ’em up.Travel — select the lines you need for each outing, clip them together and throw them in your gear bag – find them when you need them; robust but light; protection against salt and grit.Stack — clip them together for simple organisation out in the field and when you get back to base; label your switchboxes for easy line identification. Sort them, stack them, store them.
The OmniSpool Switchbox is born of our own experience and needs, to solve several problems at once. They’ll probably seem obvious:
1) With spare reel spools no longer needed, you save not only on cash, but also weight .
2) Locating the lines you want when they’re stacked at home takes no time.
3) Identifying your lines is easy. Label your Switchboxes and stack them together in groups (line weights, densities, whatever…)
4) You don’t have to dig around in your bag feeling for loose lines or spools when you’re out fishing, or find they’re not there when you need them because they were too awkward to pack.
5) Your line isn’t a mess when you need it; it’s in good working order.
6) You don’t need four hands or a buddy to deal with rod, reel, lines etc.
7) You don’t need a bulky line winder any more.
8 ) If you use multi tip lines, you might splash out on a spare box to hold the heads, clipped to the side of the main running line. We’ve found that these speciality lines aren’t much use if you can’t find the head wallet…