This is a must-have and one of the most versatile lines for any angler chasing anadromous fish. If stealth is required, the Intermediate UST Short sinking Scandi head provides it. Perfectly balanced so it will stay just below the surface.
- A shorter, more powerful version of our Ultimate Scandi Taper textured shooting heads
- Built specifically for migratory fish such as salmon, sea trout, and steelhead
- Designed and developed for the Scandi style of Spey casting
- Advanced tapers and densities help load your rod, so you can cast with minimal effort and fish your fly at the correct depth and speed
- UST Shorts easily form tight loops and provide a strong delivery, yet allow for excellent control and gentle presentations when needed
- The textured surface cuts through the tension of the water, allowing for easier pickups from all points of the water column
- Mastery Textured Coating
- Advanced Shooting Technology (AST)
- Graduated density
- Streamlined welded loops on both ends
- Scientific Anglers line identification
- Braided multifilament core
Cleaning with soap and water on a cloth removes most of the dirt, but cleaning pads work even better. Properly cleaned, your lines will cast better and last longer, certainly a good trade-off for a couple of minutes of line maintenance.To use the cleaning pad, pinch the pad over the line so that the abrasive, non-foam side touches the line. Pull the fly line through the pad under some tension. Repeat this process until some of the fly line color is visible on the pad.Clean your lines every 2-3 outings, or anytime you think dirt is hindering their performance. The cleaning pads are easy to carry in your vest or tackle bag and can be used anytime, wet or dry.Note that flyline dressing can be used to reduce friction during competition- or practice casting scenarios, but we don’t recommend it for fishing.