So you know where the fish are holding. You’ve done your research. But you just don’t know how deep they are. Luckily, the SONAR Titan Sink Tip fly line offers a variety of solutions for all of your depth-finding needs. Just below the surface? Try the Sink 3. Holding steady in the shadowy depths? Get the Sink 6. Experimentation is the name of the game, so maybe it makes sense to try them both. Built on our popular Titan profile to allow you to turn over even the biggest streamers while you’re searching for the biggest fish.
- Two line sizes heavy for loading quickly and delivering the biggest flies to the furthest targets; use designated line weight for your rod
- Excellent turnover due to short, powerful head
- The perfect streamer line for boat or wade fishing
- Designed for throwing streamers at trout, smallmouthbass, pike, steelhead, and salmon
- Sink tip is between 8-16 feet, depending on line weight
- Available in two densities:Sink 3: 2.5 - 3.5 ips | Sink 6: 5.5-6.5 ips
- For use in moderate and cold climates
- Braided multifilament core
- SA TTN SNK TIP WF X F S#(X = line weight; # = sink rate)
Cleaning with soap and water on a cloth removes most of the dirt, but cleaning pads work even better. Properly cleaned, your lines will cast better and last longer, certainly a good trade-off for a couple of minutes of line maintenance.To use the cleaning pad, pinch the pad over the line so that the abrasive, non-foam side touches the line. Pull the fly line through the pad under some tension. Repeat this process until some of the fly line color is visible on the pad.Clean your lines every 2-3 outings, or anytime you think dirt is hindering their performance. The cleaning pads are easy to carry in your vest or tackle bag and can be used anytime, wet or dry.Note that flyline dressing can be used to reduce friction during competition- or practice casting scenarios, but we don’t recommend it for fishing.