When fishing stillwaters, midges are important flies. Just as important is the element of stealth. The SONAR Stillwater Emerger Tip addresses both of these factors handily.
Designed for tossing multiple flies and long leaders to wary fish cruising just beneath the surface, the Emerger Tip’s floating running line and short, clear intermediate tip allows anglers to fish with supreme line control and just enough stealth to get the job done.
- Designed specifically for the demands of stillwater anglers
- Based on popular MPX taper
- Overweighted by a full line weight for multiple flies and long leaders
- 5-foot clear intermediate tip (1.25 ips) with floating running line and head for fishing flies just below the surface
- Features all-new supple clear material for reduced memory
- SA STLLWTR MIDGE TIP WF X FI (X = line weight)
Cleaning with soap and water on a cloth removes most of the dirt, but cleaning pads work even better. Properly cleaned, your lines will cast better and last longer, certainly a good trade-off for a couple of minutes of line maintenance.To use the cleaning pad, pinch the pad over the line so that the abrasive, non-foam side touches the line. Pull the fly line through the pad under some tension. Repeat this process until some of the fly line color is visible on the pad.Clean your lines every 2-3 outings, or anytime you think dirt is hindering their performance. The cleaning pads are easy to carry in your vest or tackle bag and can be used anytime, wet or dry.Note that flyline dressing can be used to reduce friction during competition- or practice casting scenarios, but we don’t recommend it for fishing.