The SONAR Stillwater Seamless Density lines are a unique departure from the traditional graduated density lines of years past. With a variety of double-density sinking rates and a smooth, seamless transition between each, the SONAR Stillwater Seamless Density lines provide straightline connections to subsurface flies, meaning you’re in control of the fly every second it’s in the water.
- Designed specifically for the demands of stillwater anglers
- Based on popular MPX taper
- Overweighted by two line weights for multiple flies and long leaders
- Features 10-foot and 20-foot textured hang markers
- Seamless Density technology provides a smooth transition between densities, eliminates hinging, and provides a straight-line connection to the fly
- Intermediate/Sink 3: Designed to get under the surface chop, with an intermediate (1.25 ips) running line and Sink 3 head (3.0 ips)
- Sink 3/Sink 5: For searching the middle of the water column, with a Sink 3 running line and a Sink 5 (5.0 ips) head
- Sink 5/Sink 7: The fastest sinking SD line, with a Sink 5 running line and Sink 7 (7.0 ips) head, designed to dredge the bottom
- SA STILLWATER SD WF X S# S# (X = line weight; # = sink rate)
Cleaning with soap and water on a cloth removes most of the dirt, but cleaning pads work even better. Properly cleaned, your lines will cast better and last longer, certainly a good trade-off for a couple of minutes of line maintenance.To use the cleaning pad, pinch the pad over the line so that the abrasive, non-foam side touches the line. Pull the fly line through the pad under some tension. Repeat this process until some of the fly line color is visible on the pad.Clean your lines every 2-3 outings, or anytime you think dirt is hindering their performance. The cleaning pads are easy to carry in your vest or tackle bag and can be used anytime, wet or dry.Note that flyline dressing can be used to reduce friction during competition- or practice casting scenarios, but we don’t recommend it for fishing.